Friday, May 27, 2011

Subspace, BRB

Something I've heard about in my adventures in BDSM is a concept called subspace. I never doubted it's existence but had never pushed anyone into it, or perhaps no one ever communicated to me that they may have been there because they were unfamiliar with it and couldn't put a label on the experience. Thinking back, it's quite possible that this was the place GGPB was in when we played with her We Vibe. Uncontrollable waves of orgasms, inability to function for several minutes afterward and the whole seeing stars thing. A possibility, but not a certainty. I think the better explanation is probably "waves", which I'll get into later.

After a bit of research on the Teacher's part today, we know she definitely found her subspace. Taken from Wikipedia:

"Subspace is a metaphor for the state the bottom's mind and body is in during a deeply involved play scene. Many types of BDSM play invoke strong physical responses. The psychological aspect of BDSM also causes many bottoms to mentally separate themselves from their environment as they process the experience. Deep subspace is often characterized as a state of deep recession and incoherence. Deep subspace may also cause a danger in newer bottoms who are unfamiliar with the experience, and require the dominant to keep a careful watch to ensure the bottom isn't placing him or her self in danger. Many bottoms require aftercare while returning from subspace.

During the scene, the intense experiences of both pain and pleasure trigger a sympathetic nervous system response, which causes a release of epinephrine from the suprarenal glands, as well as a dump of endorphins and enkephalins. These natural chemicals, part of the fight or flight response, produce the same effect as a morphine-like drug, increasing the pain tolerance of the submissive as the scene becomes more intense. Since the increase of hormones and chemicals produces a sort of trance-like state, the submissive starts to feel out-of-body, detached from reality, and as the high comes down, and the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in, a deep exhaustion, as well as incoherence. Many submissives, upon reaching a height of subspace, will lose all sensation of pain, as any stimulus causes the period to prolong."

I had seen her zone out before but she was typically still responsive and not that far gone. Today was different. I would ask her questions and the answer would be fragments or gibberish. She also mentioned later on that my spanking her between orgasms had not been that hard, except that my hand hurt like hell from the smacking and clearly she had red marks (vaguely shaped like my hand) several hours later. I suppose that goes to the higher pain tolerance of being in that mindset.

Essentially, what went on was this: she was laying on her stomach, facedown on the bed, with me straddling her upper thighs, cock buried inside her. This is probably how we get most of our business done and I highly recommend it. Not only is she pinned down, but I have control of her arms and head as well. I can pull her hair, pull her head back, choke her, gag her, spank her, pin her arms down or hold them... It's just perfect. But I digress. Things went on as usual for a bit with me fucking her for a minute, maybe two, then she'd cum, squirt a bit (she's getting so good at that now), then have a little downtime where I spanked her, teased her, fucked her slowly, then go back to railing her. After a while, I don't know how long, she was in a great place where anything I did was making her get off (more on this below). It was a constant state of "about to cum" or "coming". And squirting. I would ask her questions like "Do you want to cum again?" or if a particular orgasm had subsided, simple yes or no things, and her responses would be incoherent noises. There was even an orgasm in there that was apparently going to happen with or without me. I had paused for a moment and pulled out of her, but after only a few seconds she managed to moan something about coming again and started to convulse under me. So I very kindly buried my cock in her and fucked her through it.

She also experienced as a part of her journey into subspace something called "waves". I'd actually never heard of this, but the way it was described left no doubt that that's what it was. Sure, it's an abstract concept, but it seems to fit perfectly the physical aspects of what her body was doing. It's an interesting way to describe her constant and continuing orgasms coupled with uncontrollable convulsions. Not epileptic, mind you, but her legs and ass were continually twitching while she was coming over and over and over. After we finally finished (in all, this was probably a two hour session) it took her quite some time to come down, focus and be back in reality. The twitching actually continued well beyond the session's end leaving her unable to walk for a while.

Overall, I think I like this deeply involved play. It feels like more of a journey into something more substantial. It allows me to push my dominant role a little further and her to explore a more fully submissive side. Unfortunately, the path to get there is never really the same so pushing her into subspace may not be a regularity, but should we find it again I'll be taking full advantage. And notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment